We've moved from Baltimore, Maryland USA to Venice, Italy in pursuit of living our dream!



Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ciligie!!!!



Ciligie! Dark Cherries!! It's cherry season here in Venice, and this year they have been absolutely delicious. We can't stop eating them, I've been making a trip to the market every day for another kilo of ciligie! Eating them is sheer bliss. I am not looking forward to the day I go to the market and discover the cherry season has ended. So, in the meantime, I plan to enjoy every bite!

2 comments:

LindyLouMac said...

I am surprised you are still getting cherries in Venice, I wonder where they are from. Our local ones finished some weeks ago now.
http://lindyloumac.blogspot.com/2010/06/cherry-harvest.html

These do look gorgeous and I am sorry the season is over here :(

Yvonne said...

Oh, Karen. Those black ones look so plump and juicy, yum.