We've moved from Baltimore, Maryland USA to Venice, Italy in pursuit of living our dream!



Friday, December 24, 2010

Buon Natale a tutti!!!!

If you have been keeping track of Venice weather, then you know we have been having a run of Aqua Alta. Last night at midnight the water was extremely high, 140 cm. Tonight at midnight it's estimated at 120 cm, so because of that Christmas Eve midnight mass in ST. Mark's will be held at 10 pm instead of midnight.

We're having a very low key holiday this year., staying home. It's about all I can manage. Mike put up and decorated the Christmas tree while I was in the hospital, so it was great to come home to alittle holiday spirit. I normally hang lights on our balcony. Next year!

Buon Natale!! Merry Christmas to all. I hope you all have a very special holiday season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to read that you are better.Wishing you both a Merry Christmas from Jane, in Sunny Adelaide Australia.

Michelle said...

Ciao Karen,
So glad you are back and on the mend.
Buon Natale to you and Mike from a very wet and rainy (no aqua alta at my place at least).
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year from California! So glad you are bouncing back. Hopefully you are able to get around our beautiful Venezia now without pain. I love Venice but find it was really hard on my ankles and knees two years ago and never had problems walking before, there or other places. I am excited to see when you post on your blog. I look forward to further episodes of the hospital stay. Have a warm and joyous 2011!

Valerie