We've moved from Baltimore, Maryland USA to Venice, Italy in pursuit of living our dream!



Sunday, December 15, 2013

Nothing but blue skies, from now on.

After three days of nebbia, nebbia and more nebbia  (fog), going from grey skies to this clear blue sky was like getting a fantastic very unexpected gift.    

The clear sky and warmer temperatures were an invitation to get out for a long walk, with camera, of course. At mid-day, the light was just right for some incredible reflections in the canals. These first three are from the Castello district, the remaining from around Cannaregio, ending in the Ghetto.  Days like today make me wish I had even the tiniest bit of talent for painting with watercolors. 
















(Special thanks to Irving Berlin for his song, Blue Skies. I've been humming it all day.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, I love your pics and hope one of these years will publish a photo calendar of Venice we can buy for Christmas gifts. Have a great Christmas and a great 2014. Hugs, Val

Anonymous said...

We adore Venice but can only get there once a year. Your blog takes us there on may vicariously wonderful days. Blue Skies felt like a joyful walk. Thank you!
Buon Natale -- Carol

karen said...

Val-
Grazie! What a great idea! Too late to do one for 2014, but look out for 2015!

Hope you'll continue following my little adventures!
Karen

karen said...

Carol-
Many,many thanks. It is always so heart warming to hear from readers. I am so grateful you take the time to keep up with what's going on with my days here.
Perhaps next time you are in Venice you'll let me know in advance so we might meet up for coffee. I'll look forward to it!
Ciao,
Karen

Dianne said...

Great pictures Karen. Some of the ones I've taken that I treasure the most are the ones with reflections! I am looking forward to taking my first pix of Carnevale when I am there this year. (Those you have taken in past years are an inspiration and the reason that I decided to brave the crowds and come for Carnevale 2014.) Hope to see you. What is the best way to get in touch?

karen said...

Diane- please send me an email - kmc207@gmail.com. We'll work out a meeting. Looking forward to seeing you!