We've moved from Baltimore, Maryland USA to Venice, Italy in pursuit of living our dream!



Wednesday, December 12, 2007

365 days of Venice -- Venetian blinds!!!!

I have a long list of things I love about Venice. Windows are definitely near the top of that list. I simply cannot get enough of the windows in Venice. Honestly, I could post 365 pics of windows from our photo collection and still have more left.

Windows come in all sizes and shapes. Most of the time they are shuttered closed. When I see that I wonder who might be behind them. What kind of life goes on behind the shutters. The ones in this pic are particularly beautiful to me. I love the shape of them. But, these are not the kind you would find in a typical Venetian's house. These are on a palazzo on the Grand Canal.

Does anyone remember Venetian blinds? Look carefully---these are on the OUTSIDE of the window!!!!


1 comment:

venetian blinds said...

Wooden venetian blinds are more luxurious and are available in variety of colors. It is versatile alternative to curtains.