We've moved from Baltimore, Maryland USA to Venice, Italy in pursuit of living our dream!



Saturday, April 12, 2008

365 Days of Venice - the lone green gondola


Now that I am back home, and am not knee deep in citizenship paperwork, I can turn my focus to happier pursuits---- sharing little bits of Venice here on my blog. Here's my choice for today...

Gondola's in service must be black, so obviously this one has been "decommissioned" and is not used to transport tourists around Venetian canals. It's the only green gondola in Venice- so far it's the only gondola painted anything other than black that I've seen. It's moored on a beautiful canal not far from Campo Pantalon, in an area of Venice which is not on the normal tourist path.

I keep hoping that I will see this gondola being used, quietly gliding down a canal, but I haven't experienced that yet. Everytime I pass this corner, the gondola is in the same place. I wish I knew this gondola's story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am trying to get my dual citizenship from the stateside.
can you email me at liz at lizmariani.com in so we can converse about the experience on a more private level.